Thursday, March 5, 2009

Asian Religions



Asian religions are the most interesting and fascinating religions that you can learn about!

To the picture on the left you can see two women spinning a prayer wheel. A prayer wheel sits on a spindle made from either metal, wood, stone, leather, or even sometimes coarse cotton. According to Tibetan Buddhist tradition, spinning such a wheel will have a much bigger effect than praying originally. Also there are a lot of other spinning wheels. For example: Mani Wheel, Water Wheel, Fire Wheel, Wind Wheel, Stationary Prayer Wheel, Samurai Prayer Wheel, Electric Dharma Wheel, Digital Prayer Wheel, and today, there are even Internet-operated Prayer Wheel(via webcam)

In my picture, there are two women spinning the prayer wheel. They are spinning the prayer wheel probably for good luck and it is a tradition to do so and they are probably praying for a lot more. The environment that these women are in is isolated and also out in the middle of little towns and places. The feelings that this picture inspires me is to actually spin a prayer wheel myself and to ask more about the prayer wheel and its history.

These sounds that I can hear are very interesting and loud. I can hear the birds in the distance screaming away battling one another for food. I can also hear the grinding sound that the prayer wheel makes when one of the women spin it. I can also hear them speak to one another but i can't understand it. I can see the women spin the wheel with all there might trying to just spin the wheel just once all the way around. I can also see other people walking to where we are.

No comments: